The United Presbyterian Church of Jamestown is geographically very close to the confluence of two rivers—to be precise, the Pipestem Creek and the James River. The two different bodies of water become one river. Similarly, different people with different gifts and backgrounds come together to worship and minster in the name of One—Jesus Christ. Our mission is Sharing Christ’s Love Through Service.
We endeavor to do that by:
- Sunday School ages 3-adult at 9:00 AM each Sunday.
- We offer two ways to worship - Sunday morning in-person worship at 10:30 AM or you may watch it livestreamed on Facebook and Youtube at 10:30 AM.
- Active Deacon Ministry program
- Presbyterian Women including Faith and Hope Circles
- Chancel Choir and Music Ministry
- Providing scholarships for children/youth to participate in the many opportunities presented to them by Clearwater Forest Camp, Crystal Springs Camp and Youth Triennium
- Our Relay for Life team participates annually. Over $10,000 was raised this past year to help fight the battle against Cancer.
- We service the Presbytery of the Northern Plains by being a centrally located meeting place for committees and councils. Our membership includes three past Presbytery Moderators—Bob Muhs, Bill Weispfenning and Sylvia Pringle.
- The University of Jamestown is located just a few blocks away from the church. The United Presbyterian Church has a long history of supporting the University. A number of current professors and students of UJ are members of our church. Also we have members of our choir, ably directed by David Morlock, associated with UJ.
- At UPC there are various community groups which regularly meet including Alcoholics Anonymous.
- We are blessed with three Ruling Elders who preach in other congregations when needed; Steve Reed, Bill Weispfenning and Sylvia Pringle.